Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Walking with Dinosaurs

Last weekend we borrowed Uncle Kevin and Aunt Gayle's minivan (thanks, by the way) and headed to the big city of Boise for the Walking with Dinosaurs show. Braeden got tickets to it for Christmas. It was a full car, that's for sure, 4 adults and 3 car seats. Yeah.....comfy. We left Saturday morning, ate lunch in Jerome, dropped Emerson off in Boise with Aunt Celeste and made it to Nampa just in time for the show. It was the COOLEST thing! The dinosaurs are all HUGE robots, except for the raptors. They're people with a dino suit on. They walk around and roar and everything. Plus they do lots of cool effects with lights and smoke. It was definately worth the drive over. The show will be in SLC this weekend. We highly recommend it!!

We managed to find Emerson again (quite the feat, might I add) and a hotel. Brian, Dad and I went to Applebees for dinner and got some takeout for Mom and the kids. We took Braeden and McKinley swimming. Kinley loved it but got cold fast. Braeden likes the water, but he's kind of a scaredy cat. We FINALLY got him to put his head under water. The kid seriously needs some swimming lessons.

Sunday we wandered the outlet mall for a little while. The KB Toys there is going out of business, so we picked up a couple things for birthdays.

I'd post some pics, but my camera batteries were dead AGAIN, so I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment